Show your support of the Operation Purple Program by wearing a school appropriate purple t-shirt or dress on Friday, April 21, 2017. Purple must be the primary color of the shirt or dress although other colors may also be part of the design on the shirt. If a student, parent or teacher is not sure if the dress-code is being followed correctly, the Principal or Vice Principals will have the final say. If you are not sure whether your choice of clothing meets the guidelines, please bring a spare uniform t-shirt.
SCHOOL APPROPRIATE GUIDELINES:
- All tops shall not reveal any cleavage and must cover the midriff. Sleeveless tops must have straps two (2) inches or wider and be tight fitting under the arms. Spaghetti straps, backless or shoulder-less garments with or without jackets are not permitted.
- All clothing must be free of messages relating to drugs, gangs, sex or profanity.
- The length of the skirts or shorts shall reach the open fingertips when arm is extended down the student’s side.
- All skirt or dress slits must not be shorter than open fingertips when the arm is extended down the student’s side.
- No layering of shirts is allowed.
- Sagging or oversized pants are not allowed. Pants must be secured at the waist (no under garments showing).
- Baseball caps, visors, stocking caps, or sweat band of any kind are not to be worn.
- Jewelry representing drugs, gangs, inappropriate language, etc. is prohibited.
- Any gang related fashion is prohibited.
- Outerwear must fit the specified theme or be the Aliamanu Middle School jacket.