8TH GRADE UNIFORM DONATION PROGRAM
WHEN: 7:00am – 7:50am on THURSDAY, May 25, 2017 ONLY
WHERE: Room S2 at AMS
8th graders who donate at least one clean, wearable uniform shirt to AMS on THURSDAY, May 25, 2017 will receive a free dress bracelet. Students must show their current AMS ID to receive the free dress bracelet. They will be permitted to dress according to the Special Events Free Dress Code on THURSDAY, May 25, 2017 and FRIDAY, May 26, 2017, while they are wearing the free dress bracelet to identify themselves. If a student, parent or teacher is not sure if the rules have been broken, the Principal or Vice Principal will have the final say.
The Special Events Free-Dress Dress Code is as follows:
- Aliamanu Middle School ID must be carried at all times.
- All tops shall not reveal any cleavage and must cover the midriff. Sleeveless tops must have straps two (2) inches or wider and be tight fitting under the arms. Spaghetti straps, backless or shoulder-less garments are not permitted.
- All clothing must be free of messages relating to drugs, gangs, sex or profanity.
- The length of the skirts or shorts shall reach the open fingertips when arm is extended at the student’s side.
- All skirt or dress slits must not be shorter than open fingertips when the arm is extended down the student’s side.
- No layering of shirts is allowed.
- Sagging/oversized pants are not allowed. Pants must be secured at the waist (no under garments showing).
- Baseball caps, visors, stocking caps, or sweat band of any kind are not to be worn.
- Jewelry representing drugs, gangs, inappropriate language, etc. is prohibited.
- Any gang related fashion is prohibited.