- STEP ONE:
Bring in non-perishable food items, cans or boxes, to donate to the Hawaii Food Bank
- STEP TWO:
Record how many cans/boxes were donated by homeroom members (students only)
- STEP THREE:
Count how many students are in your homeroom.
- STEP FOUR:
If the number of cans or boxes of non-perishable food is equal to or more than the number of students in your homeroom, your homeroom is IN the challenge! Congratulations!!! Complete the form below and submit it to Mrs. Young in D2 by Wednesday, November 22nd.
Use your cans and boxes to participate in the Can Stacking Contest to win SPIRIT POINTS, too!!! Deadline for signing up is Tuesday, November 21
The 7 th & 8th grade homerooms collecting MOST DONATIONS will WIN!!!!
WHAT: Free Dress Day
WHO: Top homeroom from each grade level
(ranking based on number of cans/boxes divided by number of homeroom students)
FREE DRESS DAY on Friday, December 1 for the WINNING CLASSES!
Students participating in the free dress day prize must have their school ID’s with them and follow the Special Events Free Dress Dress Code.
The Special Events Free-Dress Dress Code is as follows:
- All tops shall not reveal any cleavage and must cover the midriff. Sleeveless tops must have straps two (2) inches or wider and be tight fitting under the arms. Spaghetti straps, backless or shoulder-less garments with or without jackets are not permitted.
- All clothing must be free of messages relating to drugs, gangs, sex or profanity.
- The length of the skirts or shorts shall reach the open fingertips when arm is extended down the student’s side.
- All skirt or dress slits must not be shorter than open fingertips when the arm is extended down the student’s side.
- No layering of shirts is allowed.
- Sagging or oversized pants are not allowed. Pants must be secured at the waist (no under garments showing).
- Baseball caps, visors, stocking caps, or sweat band of any kind are not to be worn.
- Jewelry representing drugs, gangs, inappropriate language, etc. is prohibited.
- Any gang related fashion is prohibited.
- Outerwear must fit the theme or be the Aliamanu Middle School jacket.