Fabulous AMS families,
Can you believe your beloved Aliamanu Middle School is turning 60 years young in 2018?!?? Such a momentous birthday must be celebrated in style. Your PTSO and the AMS staff have been working together to come up with an awesome PAR-TAY to celebrate! However, we need everyone’s help to make this a birthday to remember.
Mark your calendars for Thursday, February 1st for a day full of birthday fun. Administration is still working out the schedule for that day, however look forward to a school wide Walk-a-Thon, a carnival, and special rockn’ Hillside Assembly.
The carnival booths will be things such as ring toss, pizza sales, bounce house, bingo, nacho sales, cup stacking, balloon races, basketball shoot out, etc. Majority of the carnival games will be FREE however some booths such as the joust/obstacle course bouncers and food booths will require script purchases. Kona Ice truck will also be on campus during the carnival for cash only purchases.
*Cafeteria lunch will be served as scheduled.
Script purchases can be purchased during recess starting on Monday, January 29th thru Thursday, February 1st, please see Mrs. Dilks in D6 to purchase your scripts during this time.
$5.00 for 5 scripts
$10.00 for 20 scripts
$15.00 for 30 scripts
Individual scripts – $.50/each sold at day of carnival
We appreciate all your support and extra added excitement for this GRAND birthday.
AMS PTSO 2017-2018 board
Gwen Jones, Heather Gordon, Laurie English, and Marielle Dilks
60th Celebration Schedule Thursday, Feb. 1
7:55 – 8:20 Homeroom
8:25– 9:35 Walk-a-Thon 7th and 8th
9:40 – 9:55 Recess
10:00– 10:15 Homeroom
10:15 – 11:45 Carnival
11:15 – 11:45 Lunch served in cafe
11:50 – 12:00 Homeroom
12:00 – 1:05 Hillside Assembly
1:10 – 1:15 Homeroom
GUIDELINES AND RULES
Students must wear any ALIAMANU MIDDLE SHIRT.
Students should BRING PERSONAL WATER BOTTLES.
** In case of inclement weather, the three parts of the day will be adjusted as necessary:
Walk-a-thon rain-out: students & teachers will be in Homerooms.
Carnival rain-out: Most carnival activities will be moved to available covered areas and carnival will go on.
Hillside Assembly rain-out:students & teachers will be in Homerooms.
Panthervision will show video programs during homerooms.
- Students should leave bags in homerooms for Walk-a-thon.
- All students will walk, if they can.
- Students do not need to stay in homeroom class groups as they walk.
- Students encouraged to carry personal water bottles.
- Students may wear school appropriate hats for sun protection.
- Staff are asked to walk with students, not necessarily with their own homeroom, or help with ‘zoo.’
POST RECESS HOMEROOM:
- Please send your SBG rep to S2 to collect ice pops and give them to your students in your homerooms.
- Please distribute pre-purchased script to your homeroom students at this time.
- Students are encouraged to leave their bags in their homerooms during the Carnival.
- Students may purchase script or Shave Ice with cash, all other items will cost SCRIPT ONLY.
- Please monitor activities per assignments attached.
- Please take turns supervising and having a break.
HILLSIDE ASSEMBLY guidelines:
- Students should leave bags in homerooms for Hillside Assembly
- Students should walk with homeroom class to hillside and sit within Spirit Team groups.