The goal of February 2021’s “The Middle Years” Newsletter is to provide busy parents with practical ideas that promote school success from the homefront.
Here are also a few announcements we’d like to remind you of:
- We are keenly aware of the importance of our students’ mental health, and also know that families are the front line of defense. “What Parents Can Do: Promoting Mental Wellness in our Children.” We hope you find this useful.
- Calling all 8th grade students and their parents or guardians! Can you BELIEVE that high school is JUST around the corner….and are you READY?!? Our Counseling Department wants to help our students and families alike get ahead of the game! Join us online March 2nd at 5:30 for an evening of good, honest information about WHAT to expect from this transition. Whether your child will attend or complete high school in Hawaii OR NOT, this night is for YOU, as many of these topics are UNIVERSAL. Here is a flyer with a link to register in advance. Students are welcome to attend even IF an adult family member is not able to join them. We are excited to bring you this special program and can’t wait to see you!
- We’ve resumed our after school tutoring program! We have one more month left this quarter, so encourage our students to seek help from teachers during office hours from 1:30-2:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We have also added additional tutoring on Wednesdays from 3:30-4:30 in English, Math, Social Studies, and Science.
Here is how students get to the tutoring links:
- Log into Blackboard.
- Click on the AMS School Information Tab
- Click on Tutoring on the left side
- Click on the link they would like to attend.
- FINALLY…keep your eyes peeled for our upcoming PTSO fundraiser….SMOKED MEAT!!! 40% of your purchase will revert straight back to our school so we can support special projects that benefit our students, faculty, and staff.
EXTRA…EXTRA!!! Here’s an enrichment opportunity for our students that could earn them a cash prize!!!
2021 Water Conservation Week Poetry Contest
The DEADLINE to apply is Friday, February 26, 2021, 4:30p.m.
PRIZES: 1st Place: $200, 2nd Place: $150, 3rd Place: $100, 4th Place: $50
Fore more information and to apply, please visit: boardofwatersupply.com