For the safety and security of AMS students, the following items are not permitted on campus:
- Personal Electronics, including cell phones, iPods, iPads, etc.
- Weapons-knives, ninja stars, guns, chains, etc.
- Gang-related items, such as “colors” bandanas, rags, etc.
- Headgear-baseball cap, hat, visor, hoods etc.
- Jackets or outerwear that do not conform to the dress code policy.
- Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, e-cigs (any products minors may not purchase).
- Caffeinated beverages (energy drinks, soda, coffee, etc.)
- Skateboards, heelies, scooters, mopeds.
- Permanent marker pens such as sharpies.
- Spike jewelry—i.e. bracelets, necklaces, earrings or spikes on the clothes (this includes piercings, no long spikes in ears or face) due to safety issues
- Nonprescription sunglasses.
- Any toy such as a water pistol or gun, balloon, spray bottle, comic book, rubber band, sling shot, slime, and stuffed animal.
- Any aerosol sprays or paint sprays (including silly string).
- Balloons – all balloons, whether inflated with air or helium.
- Playing/Trading cards such as magic cards, baseball, football, basketball, hockey cards.
- Miscellaneous: Glass bottles, 2 liter bottles of soda, pacifiers, or baby bottles, chewing gum, sunflower seeds, stink bombs, or any other items that pose a hazard to others or that disrupt the classroom or the campus.
*** If you bring a contraband item to school and it is lost, damaged or stolen, the school is NOT RESPONSIBLE and will not conduct any type of investigation to recover the item.
Do not bring contraband items to school.
Do not leave any item, including backpacks, unattended for any length of time while at school.