The AMS ID badge is to be with the student at all times. Badges are made for each student as soon as possible after admission. The badge is required for AMS cafeteria meals and school bus transportation.
Each student will receive an AMS Student Planner. The planner contains important information regarding school policies and rules. Parents should read through the planner and discuss the information with the student. In addition, the planner is another means to assist parents with tracking student’s school work and to communicate with the student’s teachers.
Mandatory Dues and Fees ($20 CASH ONLY):
- Student Body Government Dues: SBG dues are $10.00. On the first day of school, SBG issues every student a folder and a planner. The first copy of the planner is provided FREE. Replacement copies will cost $5.00. Student Body Government (SBG) also sponsors assemblies, speakers, activities, and contests for all students. SBG pays for prizes, awards, honor roll ribbons, ieis, refreshments, and much more.
- Student Fees: Each student is also assessed a $15.00 fee to help cover the cost of the ID badge, lanyard or clip, the mailing of the final report card, and math and English Language Arts consumables.
Uniform Dress Policy
Meal payment (optional)
Yearbook (optional) – CASH ONLY paid at front office
Bus service (optional) – CASH ONLY paid at front office
AMS usually participates in volleyball, cross country, basketball, soccer, track, and cheerleading. Students should listen to the PantherVision news each morning for additional information and deadlines.
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 7:55 a.m. to 2:05 p.m.
- Wednesday 7:55 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- All students who leave the AMS school district and/or will no longer be attending AMS must complete the “Request for Transfer” form and submit it to the front office as soon as possible. Forms can be obtained from the front office or from the AMS website.
- Release packets may take up to 7 business days to prepare depending on the time of year. Records/Release Packets are NOT available upon immediate request.
- ALL textbooks and outstanding fines must be cleared before leaving.
- 8th graders who are promoted to 9th grade who will be attending Radford High School will be automatically pre-transitioned (“rolled forward”) to Radford High School.