Aliamanu Middle School Students are:
1. Self-Directed Learners
- “I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN LEARNING.”
- I organize my time so that everything gets done.
I finish what I start.
I set goals and work toward them.
I know how I am doing.
2. Community Contributor
- “I work well with others.”
- I keep my word and follow through on my promises. I accept that other people see the world differently than I do. I understand other people’s feelings. I do my share of the work.
3. Complex Thinker
- “When I need an answer, I can figure out what to do.”
- I easily pull out the important information I need.
For any problem, I go step-by-step to get an answer.
I know why, not just how, things work.
I know where to go to get answers.
4. Quality Producer
- “I can tell the difference between high and low quality products and performances and if my work meets or exceeds expectations.”
- I know when things are good or bad.
When I do something, I try my best to do it right.
I know how to improve, if given a second chance.
I try to do my best, not just what is expected of me.
5. Effective Communicator
- “I read, write, listen, and speak well.”
- I understand what I read and I work toward understanding when I don’t.
My writing is clear and interesting.
I adjust the way I write and speak according to my audience.
When I listen, I hear words and the meaning.
6. Effective and Ethical Users of Technology
- “I use a variety of technologies effectively and fairly.”
- I let people know when I use ideas and information that aren’t my own.
I know what tools to use to get the job done.
I understand how technology can improve my work.
I understand how technology is a tool, not just a toy.
*taken from Radford High School